Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, November 15

Welcome to my blog!

Hi Everyone:

Welcome to my blog! I've been hanging around reading others, and decided I'd talk about my experiences as well.

As I stated in my profile, I am just getting back into the idea of making my clothing. I did so for years, but not for the past 10 or 15. I have been sewing however - crazy quilting, sane quilting, etc. And I have a lovely fabric stash, so I'll probably be talking about that too.

To start off, I am posting photos of my two grandson's Halloween costumes. The monster costume took much longer than I expected, so I won't be doing that again! After days of sewing, he only had it on for about an hour.

Eman was a pumpkin. Zman was a monster.

Come back and see what else I've been up to!

No comments: