Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, January 13

Christmas Present to Me - Wonderful Bag!!!!!!!!!

I got a wonderful present for Christmas!!!
This is a photo of the wonderful African Plains bag my friend Paula from Devon, England made for me for Christmas. This is the front of the bag.

This is the inside flap, after you open the purse. Behind it is a zipper compartment and it covers a pocket.

And this is the front of the pocket the flap above covers!

And this is the back of the purse. All the animals are appliqued onto the plain material. It is a wonderful bag.
It was designed by a woman who lives in Brixham, Devon.

Unfortunately, no sewing for me this weekend! Too busy playing Grandma.



No comments: