Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, February 21

Order from FabricMart - Part One

Me?? A fabric addict?? Say it isn't so....I love Fabric. Of Any Kind. Which means, of course, that I love Fabric Mart. This is my third or fourth order since November - YES I MUST STOP.

I ordered the lovely mauve flowers print silk on the left to make a great top or dress. It is a bit shinier than I thought from the website photo, but it is lovely.

Then I ordered this burnout white on the right - I can't remeber what the blend is, it is a slightly stiffer hand than silk. But it will make a great shirt.

Then this wonderful hot pink, purple and black burnout - just loved the photo and it is more wonderful in person!













The purple and lilac crysanthymums will be great as a blouse, on black silk with tiny specks of green.


The Fragonard design fabric is quite interesting. If you look at it dead on, you can only see shadows of the design. You have to have it on a slight slant to see it. On a dark background. This is going to be a lovely something - maybe a long jacket??

I also requested the free bundle of 10 yards they send if you spend a specific amount. Here are the three fabrics I received. The left is a black chenille print on a taffeta - not sure what to do with that. Then there is a nice rayon black and white suiting. And finally a boucle with pink, orange, yellow, lime - hum, not sure its my thing, but it may grow on me!



I was hoping to sew tonight, but my shoulder is so sore from the computer that I am going to lay back and rest. Maybe tomorrow - we are having a snow day anyway!

No comments: