Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, March 26

To Vancouver

Well Ladies & Gentlemen, I am off on a trip. I won't be posting for the next week.

I have, however, finished two of the Pacific Northwest Sweatshirts - on in a hot pink embrodiered stretch cotton, and one in a plain white cotton stretch fabric. The pattern is super easy and I really like the collar.

My plan was to put some of the Native designs that come with the pattern on the white. I printed off the Canada Geese design using fusible fabric, then filled the colors in with heat-set ink. I just didn't like the result.

So when I get back next week, I will be posting a Pattern Review.

Until then, have a great week!

No comments: