Project 1: Pat's Birthday Binkie! (ABOVE)
This is the first project for the Pattern Review Stash Reduction Contest. I used a combo of techniques to make the crazy squares, then added borders, a flannel wadding, and a green backing. I lightly quilted it by machine. All together, I used an amazing 15.3 yards of fabricon this project. And Pat really likes it.
Project 2 & 3: Joan's Birthday Blankies! (BELOW)
These aren't finished as yet, but I have the tops done, awaiting quilting and binding. Actually the third photo was going to be the backing for the second, but I decided I like it so much, so it will become its own blanket. By the time I'm done, I will have used 8 yards on each of these, for a total of 16 yards, exclusive of binding.
TOTAL STASH REDUCTION: 31.3 YARDS!!!
And it made me go through my stash with a critical eye - I've got two large paper shopping bags full of quilting cotton to put on Craig's List soon.