Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, July 22

Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed

This is my 3 year old grandson, Zared Chrisman. On Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time, -5 from GMT) he goes into the operating room at Cincinnati Children's Hospital to have open heart surgery. Please, if you can, take a minute before then to send him good thoughts and your prayers to help him get through this.

1 comment:

JuliS said...

I visited your blog to inquire about your shopping trip from the previous post (I was alerted via Google -- used book stores).

First, though, our family's good thoughts and heartfelt prayers to yours and to your nephew on his surgery.

Second, I am a used book store fanatic and my sister-in-laws are both fabric store fanatics, so I was wondering what stores you visited in Indiana & Chicago -- we're in the 'burbs so Indiana is a short hop for us, too.