Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, August 19

Kelli Shouldn't Have Gone

This year, I'm really hooked on Project Runway. OK, so maybe I have a thing for fellow Midwesterners - but Kelli should not have been kicked off of Project Runway on Wednesday night. Her design was not best executed - I think the leopard and the teal together was too much - but Daniel's nonparticipation did not help her at all. And he made it plain he didn't care. I still think he should have been auf'd not her.

My predictions for the top three: Joe, Suede, Kenly. I think Teri is obviously so up tight that she is going to implode. Korto has not so interesting designs. The rest - well maybe Jerrell, but he is pretty inconsistent.

I navigated over to Suede's website and saw an interview he did recently. He established some sort of Scholarship at Kent State University (in Ohio). Make me wonder if he didn't have some "extra" funds laying about!


No comments: