Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, November 2

Some Sewing


For some reason the photo I took of the step after this one didn't download. So I am sharing these photos of the strata I made, which was then cut into 4x8 rectangles and then sewn together as crazy patches. As much as possible, I tried to leave the big roses intact.
My plan for this fabric is to use it in the sewing room - to make accessories such as machine covers, thread catchers, hams, and perhaps trim on curtains. Maybe a cover for the cutting table? I've got losts. However, I am still thinking about cutting and pasting again - perhaps using a triangle instead of the rectangle or square. I used that big dot green to fill in, and it is more prominent than I'd like. I want to get some more pink into the mix.
Anyway, I sewing part of Thursday night, then yesterday afternoon.
Oh, and I have Cortney's dress done and need to hem it. She tried it on yesterday and it look nice on her - so strange to see the tom boy wanting to wear a dress!




No comments: