Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, July 15

GIANT BIG SALE

If you are within 100 miles of Cincinnati, drop everything and get in the car.

The Textile Studio is have a bankruptcy sale until Friday. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC BARGAINS!!!!

Their upholstry fabric is $4 a yard if you take the whole bolt, but they will cut for you for $6 a yard. I saw all types of wonderful fabrics. The flat fold fabrics are $1 a yard - I bought 2.5 yards of a great black and beige wool for upholstry that will make a spectacular jacket.

TRIM is $1 a yard or less - not just little fringes, but big giant ropes of fringe, braids, etc.

There are some smaller reels of trim for $1 a reel. I got 36 yards of a ivory and lavendar trim about 1/2 yard wide. Now what I will do with 36 yards of this, I'm not sure, but I've got it to do whatever!

It iis on Jonlin Road (only about a block long) just off Wooster Road, across from the Frisch's Mainliner Restaurant. This is supposed to be going on just until Friday, so hurry hurry hurryl

No affiliation, etc.

No comments: