Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, July 16

Vintage Pattern Finds - Part Eight



What can you say about this men's suit? I found the pattern for $1 and thought it would be good for a laugh. The beginning of the Leisure Suit. These were popular mens wear and this early version isn't so objectionable. BUT by the mid-70's it had degenerated into jokes about light blue polyester suits. Still, if you took the jacket and left off some of the pockets, it might not be too bad.

No comments: