Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Friday, March 27

Vintage Sewing Patterns

A few weeks ago, I picked up several vintage patterns at my local antique mall. They are from the 60's and 70's - thought I would share them with you.

Click on photo to enlarge!

Vogue 7842 - probably late 60's or early 70's - no date. Labeled maternity, but I remember lots of tops like this that were not.

McCall's 8012 - love this 1965 pattern - still looks quite stylish and chic after all these years.

McCall's 7774 - I knew this immediately - 1965. That low waisted look and the Patty Duke flips - yep, definitely 1965.

Simplicity 5766 - A 1964 version of a nice, dressy dress!

No date on either of these Vogue patterns. I'd place the Nina Ricci squarely in the late 1970's. Not certain about the Valentino - probably about the same era or a bit earlier. I have seen the Valentino on vintage pattern websites and liked it.

No comments: