Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, December 20

Christmas Sewing Frenzy

No photos because I don't want anyone to peek.

Since last Thursday night, I have made:

- five fleece blankets (love those fleece blankets);
- four flannel sleepers;
- a fleece robe;
- two L2 bags.

I've cut out four sets of baby hats and mittens, five fleece scarves, one adult hat in tiger strip fur, three more L2 bags and another robe. I still need to prepare another hat, a fleece blanket, two shirts and a Barbie and a Orphan Annie doll outfits.

So the sewing express continues on. I have not sewn this much in years and years. Maybe I will get to make something for myself soon?

No comments: