Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, January 28

Gift for My Friend, Paula

The photos are of a sewing machine matt, with detachable trash holder and magnetic pin cushion that I made for my friend in England, Paula. I sent it for her birthday on Saturday, and for once, it arrived the day before!


Last year, I used the same material and same sized squares to make her a sewing machine cover. The cover featured a prominent photo of Paula and I in front of Windsor Castle during my visit in October 2006. It seems like a very long time ago now.

No comments: