Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, January 28

Next Project - Simplicity 3990

After considerable pondering, I've decided to forgo the red knit for now, and make my next project a top. It is still a Khaliah Ali design from Simplicity. I think making the top will give me a better idea of the alterations I will need to make, rather than the knit. I may even make a skirt from a Burda pattern I picked up last week.



I love the bell sleeves in this pattern. I am going to go for the surplice top design with bell sleeves, the second design in the second row of the drawings. The fabric I am going to use is from Hancocks, on one of their sales late last year. It is teal with a black imprint that resembles lace.



Progress: I have steamed the fabric and dried it, am going to get the pattern pieces picked out and trimmed today.

No comments: