Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, January 31

Snow Day & Distractions


I have not made much progress with my sewing this week!

First, a distraction - going through my sewing room, I found a hat for my pal PEC that I had cut out and buried - it was supposed to be for Christmas. SO I proceeded to make it for her.

I did get the patterns trimmed and adjusted for the shirt (below) and the dress (red fabric in previous post). So ... if as promised, tomorrow will be a day of ice and snow, I will be staying in to sew!

Grant season is open, so my time to do so will be more limited in the future. I have a number of UFO's I have to finish - a round robin quilt, a hand sewn quilt I started in 1999, etc. So this spring should be a busy one for me.

No comments: