Now there is a super secret sewing project I've been on, photos of which I shall post after my pal P receives her birthday present. But meanwhile, I've been sewing as I planned - which is an amazing thing in itself!
The cat fabric above is flannel. Yesterday I completed (aside from the buttons) a long flannel nightgown from Butterick 4670. It was fine, the instructions were clear, but it took longer than I thought it would. I made some changes - no frills or lace, I put a bias binding on the collar, cuffs and hem.
I have almost completed a second nightgown. This is in flannel backed satin. I did not have quite enough, to make what I wanted, and of course when I returned to the store, they did not have the fabric. So I got a plain pink and I am using that for the sleeves. It is close to done, and I hope to finish it tonight. I added a short but full flounce to the bottom of the nightgown and will use the Russian Doll fabric as a binding on the sleeves to tie it together a bit.
And finally, I found some "almost sweater knit" on clearance. I just love this fabric for some reason - the varigated reds attracted me. I am not usually a red person, but I seem to be developing a theme, given the bags shown below and this fabric. I am going to use this fabric to make Simplicty 3804, a Khaliah Ali Collection dress. I hope to get started on it later today.
With the holiday today, I must admit, I am lazing a bit. The laundry is in the machine, and I have been reading. I want to get to the Sunday papers and a few magazines I picked up - the new Threads and the new Sewing News. Wish me luck!