Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, February 13

Christmas on Valentines Eve


WELL FINALLY!!!! My friend and I have missed each other, or forgotten to bring the gifts, since December 24th!!! Finally we were able to get together today. And so I bring you the final photos of my sewing spree in December. PEC wears this black felt hat that I hate - in fact, I can't think of anyone who likes it! Well now she can throw it away, because she has this cool tiger newsboy cap, made by me.
I also made this cloche style hat in a real thick cotton - I thought at first it was fleece. One of those special clearances at JoAnne, but a good one. PEC really like it too.

And then, there is the sartorial splendor of PEC's John Deere fixation! She bought dishes with John Deere tractors a few years ago, so that has given me a theme for all sorts of gifts. Here, her new apron with John Deere pockets and binding, and the fleece scarf with JD and a sort of quilt star design. Note she does have a fleece jacket and a fleece vest UNDER that apron!

So finally Christmas is done.

No comments: