Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, February 10

Fashion Ideas to Steal

Last night I crawled the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week website to look at the latest for Fall 2008. There were some great ideas - and some horrors! Here are some ideas I'll steal if I get the chance.

Suits!!
I love the silver grey dress with the brocade jacket!
The next two are wonderful - shiny blouses with long jackets and skirts - they look warm, feminine and comfortable. And I really like the cross over of the pink blouse.
The red suit is great in its simplicity and that tie at the waist!


The black dres with the patterned coat would be easy to do.
The pantsuit in black just has a lot of panash!

Coats!!!

The coat on the left has a wonderful collar - pleated and full. There were several of this type.
Then the lovely collar on the second is a double ruffle with a standing collar - again, easy to copy.
The black coat has a real 30s/40s flair. Not sure its my style, but I liked it.
The final coat has wonderful fabric - the style not so much my type, but the fabric is great.

DRESSES! YES DRESSES

I just love the simple feminity of the first dress.
The second has some great bows that could be copied.
The next two dresses have simple shapes and fabrics that seem easy to steal too.

I love dresses and have not been wearing them for
a while - will have to get going on the machine.



These two had fabrics that I just loved. Sort of hippie looking, but lovely. Not sure I like the styles that they were used for, but lovely fabrics non-the-less.
Oh yes, no sewing this week. Started cleaning the sewing room and had to leave it almost done. Will need to get it finished before I can sew again!

No comments: