Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, February 28

Order from Fabric Direct

I received my first ever order from Fabric Direct. Having never ordered, I wanted to see the types of fabric they had. These two aqua fabrics are not exactly the same color, but coordinate. On the left is a cotton stretch sateen and on the right a cotton stretch knit. I think the sateen would be dynamite as Sandra Betzina's Jeans Jacket. And I think a skirt rather than pants!

I also received this rayon/cotton mix in a pink sort of boucle. It isn't exactly what I expected, but the photos on the website are so small, it is hard to tell what you are ordering. The left photo is the right side, but on the right is the inside. I think I like the inside best.
Overall, I'm happy with the order - good quality, 12 yards of fabric total for just over $40.

No comments: