Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, April 19

Laura Ashley Pattern Binge


M5316 M5619 M5517
Our friends at JoAnne's had a pattern sale this week - McCalls. I am a big Laura Ashley fan - have always loved her designs (and yes I know they are no longer "her's" as she has been gone for years now). So I looked through the pattern book and found these three. Now the size stops at 20, so I'm going to have to enlarge them, but I think they are all great candidates for a beautiful summer dress.
I especially like the first one of these - M5316. After I got it home and looked at the directions, they were a bit "wonky". So I checked pattern review - the only person who made this was Sharon M, and she had problems. So after reading her comments and looking at the directions again, I think (and I emphasize think) I may have an alternative way to construct the dress. But it will take some time to do, so I don't think it will be the first project. I am thinking that the first summer dress I will make will be the elbow length sleeve dress (yellow in the picture) from M5517.
Later, I will photo my fabric "finds" and post about them.

No comments: