Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, April 19

Pink Pacific Northwest Sweatshirt & Planning for Sewing(?)


I have not gotten myself coordinated enough to post a Pattern Review on this shirt as well, but thought I'd give you a peek at the pink one. I haven't got a photo of the white one as yet and this isn't the best, but there you go!

I came home from work on Thursday night, all ready to make a top. I went upstairs, got the pattern out (3990 in the v neck version) and selected some cotton fabrics with an oriental design. Brought them downstairs, got everything out - and went and sat down to see something on the news. Well that was the end of sewing on Thursday night.

Friday was an entire day devoted to our CQ group. It is an informal group, and most of us have been getting together for approaching 9 years - maybe 10! This time four of the six got together. I worked on my hand sewn 8 pointed star blocks (which are also approaching their 9th anniversary), while others worked on CQ. A lot of chatting and some good food, and good friends.

Along the way, I managed to pop into two JoAnne fabrics to shop their sales. I got some nice light blue linen-rayon mix for a dress, a deeper blue for a skirt, three different fabrics to make dresses and a piece of cotton that was mainly aqua. I also got a fabric.com order that included a Hot Pattern, which I will post about later.

No comments: