Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, April 14

Old Buttons, New Acquisition

The closest thing to sewing happening here - In an effort to delay having to do my taxes, this Saturday DH and I took in some of the local Antique Malls. The Ohio Valley AM is a newly opened shop that seems to be doing great business. While travelling along the aisle, I found this big gallon jar almost full of buttons. There are a number of Mother-of-Pearl, some big coat buttons, some different designs and sorts of colors, and some just plain old plastic. Lots of good stuff here. Here are some views.

No comments: