Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, May 18

Burda Style



CLICK TO MAKE PHOTO LARGER!!!

Have you tried anything from the Burda Style website?? (http://www.burdastyle.com/).
The site has free patterns for clothing, some by the Burda Style group and others by readers. Most are not plus, but are "plus-able", since you are printing out the pattern on your printer and can easily scale up. They provide the technical drawing, as well as a pattern photo. And members can upload hotos of their creations.

I've been looking at it for several months now, and have downloaded some of the patterns. I am thinking I may give them a try.
Let me know if you had any success with these freebies!

No comments: