Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Friday, May 9

I've Been Working Hard - Just Not Finished


CLICK TO ENLARGE!!
I've been sewing away, but not finished anything as yet. The black floral is Hot Patterns Deco Vibe Cosmo dress. I love it, but I was a bit short of fabric and made the sash quite a bit shorter than the pattern. I will just tie in front. Well that tain't working - I ended up searching 3 Joanne stores before I found the same fabric, and have now purchased enough to make the appropriate sash.
The next two dresses are from the same Simplicity pattern. The light blue daisy pattern is a stretch cotton with a slit neckline. The second is another view with a contrasting yoke. The dress is a linen/rayon mix with the yoke and trim in a polished quilting cotton.
I also have two tops cut out and ready to sew - an Xceptional shirt and a Simplicity top. I hope to finish things up this weekend.

No comments: