Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, May 15

Sewing Mishaps and Injuries

Well despite my plan to sew this weekend, a little mishap delayed me.

Do you remember your mother or grandmother saying "Keep your fingers away from the needle?"

Well, she was right - it will sew your finger and it hurts like the devil!

I somehow sewed three stitches into my left index finger. The needle broke and I had to get my husband to fish it out with tweezers. Good thing I had a tetnus shot last year!

So I've been somewhat immobile, finger wise! But this is my first day really typing, so I'm doing better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I never thought that could really happen. Hope you are better soon.