Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, June 17

The Search for the Perfect Summer Dress - and other items!!!

CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL SIZE

I recently had a sewing frenzy, then stopped for a bit - and didn't hem everything. Well I finally have these all done and here are the photos. From the left, a slit neck version (view D) of the same dress that is the second photo (view A), both from the same Simplicity pattern - 4050. The top in the third photo is Simplicty 3697 - and I may have added a bit too much to accommodate bust cup size, making the upper chest looser than I'd like. The final is a black floral cotton/lycra Hot Patterns. I've been busy, on the search for the perfect summer dress - easy to make, stylish and comfortable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic designs of plus size summer dresses...