Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, July 3

I'm Still Here

It has been over two weeks since I posted! Can't believe it has been that long.

I've been busy with my stash clean out and reorganization of my sewing room. It seems to be never-ending. BUT I am also in one of those phases when whatever you plan on doing, doesn't happen because of others who need something, or changes in work schedules, or whatever. Some times just sheer exhaustion.


However, the holiday weekend is coming up and I am - well lets say hopeful because whenever I say "planning" something happens- that I will have time to make two things - my muslin for THE GREAT COAT SEW ALONG - where I am terribly behind - and a dress from the Project Runway. I have some of the new mermaid fabric - can't remember what designer or manufacturer right now, that I am going to use for the summer dress. Wish me luck in getting what I want to do, done!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

West Coast Boomer said...

Dear Sally! Hello and good luck on the coat. I've just started sewing again and even got a few pattern reviews up on pr.com as Aunt Gail. You are inspirational! Hugs and Happy 4th of July. I am seriously ( well semi-seriously since it is HOT here in Oregon at the moment) thinking of making a coat too!I am not one of the official participants. Is there something like a Sewing Voyeur? giggle. WHAT pattern did you choose? I am not up to BURDA level yet, so am wondering what you chose.