Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, July 7

Thwarted in my endeavors!!!!!!!!!!

As usual, my weekend did not go as I hoped it would. See the post below about the dress and the coat. Well . . . I started cutting out the dress - cut out a nice contrast for the front and back yoke, the front, front side and back - but not enough fabric for the sleeves!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I bought 4 yards, but apparently I only bought 3. So I had to call and order more of the fabric so I can complete the dress - luckily, I was using a new Kaufman mermaid print, so it is available.

So I think OK, I will make a top. Got the pattern out for the top, and guess what - had picked up the wrong size! Now I can scale it up, but did not feel I had the energy for that. So I ended up getting the machine quilting (VERY SIMPLE QUILTING) on the two crazy patches I made last month, and fnisehd quilting Zman's I Spy so he could take it to the hospital with him. Finished the binding on the two crazy patches, but haven't got the binding on Z's quilt as yet.

But here is the real reason grandma couldn't get everything done she wanted to do: My young warriors!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: