Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, July 8

More Progress!

CLICK FOR ENLARGED PHOTO!!
First, the two photos above are of the quilts I posted yesterday, folded. These are shown hanging on the porch rail, so not quite all of either one shows.

Last night, I made signficant progress on my grandson's I SPY quilt. I had the top sewn together for him for his birthday in March. But grandma didn't get her act together too well - finally this week I got it quilted and bound. I think it turned out well, and today he was already picking out all the items on the quilt. That is him, below, peeking above the border. This item is also for the Stash Reduction on http://www.patternreview.com/, but only the backing and binding, as I did the rest before June 1.

No comments: