Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, August 12

What I did on my summer vacation!





SHOP - then SHOP some more. Now that things have settled down with Zman, and my subsequent cold, I may have time to show you what I found.
In my wanderings, I ran across a cache of larger size vintage patterns, photos above. They are all 44 to 46 bust size. I love them all, but think I might try the ADVANCE pattern first, (what do you think, mid-1950's??) maybe the Simplicity 7600 next - its dated 1968.
I also found the pattern for boys outfits - if you are my age or older, you may remember the young boys outfits where the pants buttoned onto the shirt. I saw a number of these vintage outfits in the antique shops, but was lucky enough to find this pattern in size 3. My guys may have a new outfit for Christmas!
Stay tuned, as I found a lot of other goodied - books, lace, buttons, fabric - all my favorite things.




No comments: