Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, September 29

Vintage Patterns

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to pick up a few vintage patterns at a local antique mall. Two are sized 46 or 48, so they will fit with minimal adjustments. The coat pattern is smaller, but I love it, so am willing to fiddle with the sizing (and now I have my lovely dress form to help me!). And at $1 each, the price was more than right!
Finally, I found these two booklets from Singer - How to Make Dresses is dated 1927 and Children's Clothes is dated 1928. These will be fun to refer too and play with.

So no lack of patterns (I did not detail the new ones I purchased) and hopefully no lack of impetus to sew! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sharon Sews said...

That coat pattern is gorgeous!