Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, October 4

101 in 1001

Have you seen the latest thing going around the internet? A list of 101 goals to be accomplished in 1001 days - roughly three years.

This is interesting to me. I guess I am at stage of life where I've been there, done that for so many things. AND it is so easy to loose sight of what you set out to accomplish, with varying demands from work to grandchildren to husbands. I'd like to lose weight, get back to pottery, remember birthdays, etc.

The list is an interesting way to think about what you want to do. I started a list, just to see if I could generate 101 ideas - well I am at 35, many of which are multiple step. Giving it some more thought, I am sure I can get close.

Right now this is just an exercise, but I might consider really doing something with it.

No comments: