Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, October 9

Help Me Decide


CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE
I want to make my brother a quilt for Christmas (2008 or 2009??) using the Carpenter's Wheel design. (see a sample pattern at http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CarpentersWheelBlock.html). I've collected eight different wood print fabrics to make this.
In trying to plan the design, I photocopied the fabrics, cut them up into 2 inch squares, and taped together three different blocks (above). The only color that really did not translate in the photos is the cream/yellow wood grain that looks plain white in the photos.
I am undecided about which looks best. I tend to like the first on the left. I like the second as well, but the third looks too busy. What do you think? Leave your comment and help me decice.



1 comment:

Amy Bailes said...

I love the one on the far left!