Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, October 27

Good Sewing Day

I didn't get as much done this weekend as I hoped - don't we all suffer from that condition?? - but I did get some work done. No photos at this point, but I managed to:

- Saturday was CQ get together with the Cincinnati 5/6. I fixed Z's Halloween costume, and appliqued a few more of my 8 pointed stars;
- Sunday, I finished Courtney's dress (still to be hemmed);
- I also sewed together and fitted a muslin for a man's shirt for my husband - it took three different fittings to get it right, as I'd never fitted a man before!;
- I put together all of the pink/green strata for my next CQ Pieced Squares - I want to use them for sewing room accessories.

So I was happy, I got a lot done. Not as much, etc., as stated above, but still pretty good.

No comments: