Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, October 25

New Butterick Patterns

I'm not usually a Butterick pattern fan - I use Simplicity and McCalls much more frequently. BUT I had an email tonight with new Butterick patterns - and I think I might be a convert! Look at these fab styles. (CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE)
First, there are two new Retro Styles - a jacket and a dress, both dated 1946 - way before my time, but nice pieces.
And how about this coat and suit? I love this coat - you can't tell from the photo, but the drawing shows some nice shaped darting at the back. The second pattern has an absolutely wonderful red suit in the middle of the photo - dynamite power suit.
Finally, these wonderful dresses. I'd love the long sleeved dress illustrated in red in the first pattern - but maybe a soft aqua? And the second pattern has a fabulous looking "little black dress" potential in that green dress, as well as the black one!
They are on sale at the company site, but I'll wait until the $1.00 sale at JoAnns or Hancocks, thanks.

No comments: