Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, November 27

Its Been Quite Some Day . . . or Three!

Yep, its true. This is what I look like right now! After a day of cooking, a day before of cooking and odds and ends of shopping for food the day before - I am mesmerized! I can hardly wait for the next three days - I am going to sew. Sew for myself. I will start on a Christmas present or two if I feel like it. The only time I want to go out is tomorrow for the $1.49 a yard flannel sale at Joannes. Other than that, I am going to hibernate.

So watch this space for my sewing adventures - and some posts of things I've been working on.

No comments: