Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, December 7

Super Secret Sewing Project



Two of the many elements of the Super Secret Sewing Project. This is a Christmas present for a good friend. Since I don't want her to know about it, I removed her from the email list for now. So don't tell.
This is a really great project and I think I will be making a tutorial out of it after the holidays. A very useful thing for the sewist, and make use of things that might otherwise be discarded.
I'm very excited about this project and really think it will be fun. I hope to have it complete by Wednesday, so I can show a final photo and get your comments.

No comments: