Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, January 18

MATERIALISM - It is a serious disease - Part 3

The final pieces of fabric that I ordered in 2008, in an attempt to bypass my 2009 resolution, have arrived. I purchased them from e-quilter. They are as follows in the two photos below.

The top photo fabrics are all cotton. I see a heavy preference toward pink!!


And then, a confession!! I needed to get some more of one fabric for my brother's quilt - I purchased a yard of "Prism II" in dark brown. I wasn't going to count that because it was needed for a project I had started that was not done. But then . . . I put myself into the road to temptation. The photo below shows the red moleskin I bought at JoAnne's on clearance for $3.00 a yard. It is a brocade design. So I made it 17 days before caving. But I am back on the wagon!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: