Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, January 27

SNOW DAY!! Or maybe two!!

Finally, after days of cold cold cold freezing temps, but no snow or little more than a dusting, we have gotten hit. Five inches fell last night and this morning, with predictions for another "more significant" accumulation coming this evening, with frozen rain/sleet mixed in. Oh boy.

Needless to say SNOW DAY today, and probably tomorrow too. I am going to try to get my brother's quilt top completed if I have two days to sew.

No comments: