Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, January 5

The Word for 2009

Tip Junkie (http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com) has a post today asking for the one word to provide guidance in 2009. I always hope for wisdom, which comes sometimes and sometimes not. But for 2009, I think my one word is:

Patience

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh, patience. A word I think most of us need each and every year. I hope you find more of it this year. Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

Definitely something I need!! I'm hoping if I relax a bit more (my word for the year) then I'll also have more patience. Happy New Year!

Tara Bennett said...

Great word! Fortunately patience is forced upon me, so I've got an abundance of it. Best wishes for your 09!