Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, December 31

2008 Review and Plans for 2009

WOW, 32 projects completed in 2008! That is a lot more than I thought I'd do. And out of all those things, only one wadder - a bright pink suede cloth jacket that just didn't make it - trashed before the second sleeve went in.

Out of the non-wadders, what are my favorites?

Clothing: The Xceptional Shirt by DanaMarie Designs.


Quilts: Zman's I-SPY Quilt with alphabet.


In 2009, these are my goals:

+ No new fabric purchases!!!!!! Sew only from my stash ( which is extensive), with the exception of zippers and lining (if I can't find something in my stash). [Since this is a 2009 deadline, this week I ordered from Fabric.com, fabricmart.com and equilter.com. Technically, not purchased in 2008!!!]

+ Learn to Quilt on my New Used Quilt Designer Machine!!!!! I want to learn to use this machine to the fullest.

+ Make One Item from Each Burda Plus and/or Burda World of Fashion Magazine Acquired!!!! I have three issues of Burda Plus, with the fourth coming my way in January, plus several BWOF issues. BUT I have been hesitant to actually make anything - the idea of tracing and preparing the tissue seems to be a barrier. But I will overcome this barrier in 2009 and make one thing from each issue I acquire.

+ Make at least one item for myself from the vintage patterns I've collected!!!! I have a bunch I've picked up here and there. I used the men's pj's for a Christmas present. Now I want to make at least one dress out of the vintage patterns I've picked up.

+ Finish the Unfinished 2008 Projects!!!!

So these are my resolutions or goals or whatever you want to call them. I start on the 2nd (tomorrow I'm busy all day!!!)

No comments: