Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, February 25

And what else??

We've also been visiting a lot of flea markets and antique malls in the past month. I have made a few acquisitions. The first photo is a shelf unit I found last Friday in Tipp City. I plan to paint it and add some small boxes, then use it on my sewing work table for various and assorted.
The only thing really sewing related are the mother of pearl buttons I found. I love this $2 scarf, the owl bottle will be part of my small bottle collection, and the two dolls heads - well someday I will make them both bodies and dress them!

My best acquisition, however, is this Welsh Dresser. I have looked and looked for something like this - considered many - but this was the "ideal". It isn't too small nor too large. I am still polishing it, as it is soaking up furniture oil like mad. But its dark oak finish looks great against my aqua walls!

No comments: