It may not seem so from my lack of posting, but a lot has actually been happening. I've had an issues with getting work done on the weekends. But with my sewing room, I can work a few minutes or an hour at a time.
First up, an all Cotton version of the Caftan I've made before in minky-ish fabric. The fabric is Alexander Henry from a couple of years ago - sleeping owns with a quarter moon in their background. Of course, the pattern needed 4 yards, and I started cutting without realizing that I only had 3 and a half. SO I had to do an extensive internet search to find the same fabric so I could have matching sleeves. This took quite a while, as the same fabric is available in many places with a pink background and a light blue background, but the dark blue background - a bit harder to find! But it is done, and comfortable.
Last Saturday I went to a Sew In with my former co-workers and their pals at a socal service agency. I took along two big projects I've been working on. The eight pointed stars on the right are those I finished appliquing a month or so ago. I started these in October 1999. I hope to have a finished quilt for the star's 10th anniversary. There are 101 squares. I spent several hours trimming the squares to 9.5 inches. I did note that my applique technique got a bit better as I went along, but really did not match work from some of the others I've seen. Then I started trimming the Paris Flea Market quarter squares. I started these about four or five years ago - I have a stack of these quarter squares, then another larger stack of half squares. I think I can make a nice size quilt with just the quarter squares.
These are photos from the Sew In. My new friend Ann is on the left. Not sure who the ladies in the middle photo are, then some former co-workers in the third. It was a great day and I got a lot done.
I've finally finished my friend Paula's birthday present - almost a month late! I made a zipper bag and a tool roll to match the tote bag and work saver that I made her for Christmas.
Finally, I also finished piecing the top of my brother's Carpenter's Wheel quilt. I need to pin and quilt and bind, but the hardest part is done.
In progress: A pink corduroy shirt that only needs buttons and button holes, an apron that needs binding because I ran out mid-sewing, and two tops cut out - a short version of the caftan above, and the Natalie blouse from BurdaStyle.