Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, February 2

Joining Large

Today I was added as a contributor to the blog, Large. Large's creator states it purpose and philosophy as:

large is a multi author blog about upsizing life. It covers
clothing and fashion, sewing, buying and anything else
we might be inspired to write about. It aims to fill the gaps
some of our favourite blogs and media miss, provide inspiration,
information, tips, tutorials, product reviews and resources
for plus size living. It is not a moaning about being fat blog,
a pro or anti diet blog. We welcome contributions of all kinds,
from photos of your favourite outfits (on yourself or
others) to sewing fabric and pattern recommendations to reviews of new products. Australian content is particularly welcome. Contact soozs.com@gmail.com for info on how to share your thoughts with us.


I plan on sharing more details of finding style and fit for a larger person at Large, as well as here at SallySews.

No comments: