Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, July 5

Oh boy it is already July!


Oh gosh it has been great to have nearly three weeks off. AND I don't have to go to work in the morning, although I do have a meeting with a client. Nope, don't have to be at the office until Wednesday. But it will be busy then - two reports for funders, negotiations with providers, etc.

I have amassed a wide range of "stuff" from my travels a few weeks ago. Old patterns, fabric, Torquay ware, dutch things - and a dressmaker's form that is sort of out of sorts, but it won't matter since see is a size A and I am - well beyond that. I can put my paper double on it and it will be great to have it to hem things.

I have done quite a bit of sewing in the past few months, but nothing to show for it as yet. I've got a pink linen dress that needs to be hemmed, a brown linen skirt that needs to be hemmed, a cotton dress that needs to have the tucks redone, and a tunic top that needs to have the sleeves hemmed. I did finish two tunic tops, but haven't gotten them photo'd as yet.

I took my office apart - literally - and in putting it back together, my monitor for my desktop, to which my camera software is connected, is not working. I need a few minutes to get it working again, then I can show you all photos of my finds and my plans for those finds.

I will be much more strict about posting from here on in as the deadlines are going to be fewer, and you can always find me on TWITTER!! In the upper right side column.

No comments: