Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, July 6

2009 Resolutions Half Year Report


Half the year is over. How did I do on my resolutions in the last three months - oh not so good!
+ No new fabric purchases!!!!!!

(7/6/09) I've totally forgotten about this one. I've purchased fabric at the vintage malls, the internet, the fabric stores - I have reduced somewhat, but still bringing in a lot. So that is a NEGATIVE in big letters!

+ Learn to Quilt on my New Used Quilt Designer Machine!!!!!
(7/6/09) Have been using the new used machine quite a bit. But not for quilting. I guess that is about a neutral, not a negative.


+ Make One Item from Each Burda Plus and/or Burda World of Fashion Magazine Acquired!!!!
(7/6/09) Have made some progress - I've traced out several of the patterns from the magazines - a few tops and a few dresses, but not to the point of sewing as yet. So another neutral.

+ Make at least one item for myself from the vintage patterns I've collected!!!!
(7/6/09 - I've got my pattern picked out and the vintage fabric acquired (and washed) so now I just need to make something! That is a small plus sign.

+ Finish the Unfinished 2008 Projects!!!!
(7/6/09) - Not much action here. I haven't done anything more on the Paris Flea Market quilt. But I did start sewing the 8 pointed star blocks together - got two strips of 10 each sewn together. I have the dress in the mermaid fabric on the work table in line to be done soon. So I guess this is some action and worth a medium sized plus???

So, to sum up - a little progress. GOT TO WORK on not getting fabric - absolutely cut down.

No comments: