Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, July 11

Vintage Pattern Snags=Part Four


OK here is something kicky from 1968! A set of girls hats. I love the flower hat in the upper right corner. And the others are great too.

I'm waiting to hear if grandchild #5 will be a girl. First sonagram seemed to indicate so. Next one won't be for another three weeks. Please, a girl! So in preparation, and to send out good vibes, I picked up this hat pattern. Can't you see a little 18 month old or even four year old in that little yellow flower hat with a little sundress to match? Such are the dreams of grandma's who have too many little boys around, even though they love them dearly.

No comments: