Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, July 12

Vintage Fabric Picks



Let's switch to vintage fabric snags for a bit! The top is a piece of rayon. Not sure how old, but it is only 35" wide, so it must be older. It will make a fantastic summer blouse.

The second fabric is a piece of cotton just less than a yard. It is a grey and pink "ATOMIC FLOWER" design. It has a fairly significant fade line along the fold, but I got it to use for a yoke or collar, or a bag lining, and for only $1, what the heck?

The third is a navy and white seersucker. I wondered how it would wash up, as it had a bit of a musty smell. But it is apparently fine and will get made into a 60/70's dress. Have I become my own grandmother???

No comments: