Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, July 9

Vintage Pattern Snags=Part Two





















This is the second vintage pattern I snagged, and it is also a transfer. The envelope dates 1956. It provides four transfers each of197 girls names.

As a Boomer, I expected to see Cindy, Linda, Debbie, Karen, Donna, Barbara, and even Joanne on the list. I went to school with lots of girls named those names. I didn't expect to see Arabella, Clarabelle, Isabelle, Priscilla, or Yolanda. And Sally is on the list too, even though I only ever met one other Sally - and she was in my homeroom in jr and sr high - Sally Blackwell. Whatever happened to her?

Anyway be sure to click on the photos to enlarge them so you can see the list. It is a mix of Boomer and older names, and some names I think of as more modern.

No comments: