Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Friday, August 28

Crochet Frenzy - Day 3

The last of the photos of the donation scarves and hats.




If you are curious, most of the yarn was acquired at BIG LOTS for $1 t0 $3 a skein. A steal for the Lion Brand yarn, as well as some of the other yarn. Some items were made from yarn I purchased for another project. I counted 19 scarves, 1 hat, and 12 hat/scarf combination's.

Now all I have to figure out is how to get them to Paula in Devon by the end of October!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Yesterday I asked about your WORST memory of a handmade itemfrom childhood. How about telling me about your BEST today? I think mine were the smocked dressed my aunt Emily made for me when I was six to nine years old. How about you??

No comments: